Two sequels exist. Sinterklaas has him having to climb the houses from ground level to drop the presents and Zwarte Piet plays like the first game, has 3D graphics and stars Sinterklaas' helper.
This game contains the following tropes:
- Backtracking: You can only drop the presents in the order you collected them, so usually a lot of walking back and forth the level will be needed, unless you know the correct order to save time.
- Bonus Level: In which Bottomless Pits are lethal and you have little time to collect all the items.
- Bottomless Pits: Everywhere.
- Depth Perplexion: The sides of brown buildings aren't solid.
- Goomba Stomp: Birds can be crushed by your feet. Goomba Springboard is included.
- Mercy Rewarded: You'll get bonus points by not killing any birds. But why would you want to do that?
- Nintendo Hard: Bottomless Pits all over the place! Time limit! Birds that move randomly and can pick items and drop them in the pits!! Slippery floors!! Very small temporary platforms!!!
- Non-Lethal Bottomless Pits: By falling in a pit, you lose a hit point and get sent to the last checkpoint.
- Platform Hell: Again, Bottomless Pits are all over the place, all surfaces in later levels are slippery and the temporary platforms are small.
- Temporary Platform: The icy and thin floating platforms.
- Timed Mission: Each level must be cleared before the Sun rises. And if you run out of time, you have to start the level from the beginning.