Shining Wind is a PS2 game, released in 2007. It is part of the Shining Series, and the sequel to Shining Tears. It has an anime based on it called Shining Tears X Wind, which basically shows another part of the story. Like Shining Tears, the art is done by Tony Taka.
Shining Wind provides an example of:
- Heroic Mime: As per series tradition. Not averted in the anime.
- Miko: Touma is a miko at her family's shrine, which is part of why she has skill at spells.
- Perspective Flip: Kiriya is the protagonist of the game, while Souma is the protagonist of the anime. This was made to keep Kiriya The Voiceless without hurting the anime's quality by focusing it on a protagonist who does not talk.
- Shining Goodness: As a Shining Series game, the adjective "Shining" is meant to represent the heroes and their ability to cast away darkness.
- World of Badass: Many, but one standout is Rouen, a pirate king of a Chinese-inspired town who went AWOL to investigate the happenings on the world. He's also voiced by Tetsu Inada so that makes him more badass.