In 1899, Sherlock Holmes has been called to the home of Egyptologist Lord Montcalfe, who has disappeared mysteriously. The client is Montcalfe's daughter, Elisabeth, who is set to marry Sherlock's cousin, Andrew. She also wants Sherlock to remain quiet about it so as not to upset Andrew, which shouldn't be a problem, Watson being away for this particular case.
Taking the case, Holmes has come to Lord Montcalfe's estate, which is filled to the brim with Ancient Egyptian artifacts, to solve this case.
The game was released on PC on December 29th, 2002. It was also ported to the Nintendo DS in 2009.
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery Of The Mummy contains examples of:
- Enter Solution Here: The first puzzle in the game is to enter a series of codes into a panel next to the front door of the mansion. It's found on the dates in front of the sarcophagi in the foyer.
- Lock and Key Puzzle: At least one. You need to oil up the lock first, though, or else Holmes won't put the key in.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is viewed through Sherlock Holmes' eyes.
- Solve the Soup Cans: Would it be an Adventure Game without them?
- Themed Cursor: The cursor typically takes the appearance of a hand holding a smoking pipe. It changes depending on the context of whatever it's held above.