A retro First-Person Shooter for DOS and Windows, which is inspired by Doom built using the Build Engine. Shaw is a little boy who fell asleep and began to have a nightmare. He must find his way out of the bizarre world, fighting strange creatures along the way.
The game consists of four episodes each with nine levels.
The game can be downloaded at: http://shawsnightmare.ucoz.com
It's Indie DB page can be found here.
This game provides examples of:
- 100% Completion: When you exit an level, you will see a stats screen showing how many enemies you've killed and how many secrets you have found. The screen also indicates whether you have found the super secret for that level.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: All of the final bosses except the fourth episode.
- Angry Guard Dog
- Enfant Terrible: One of the enemies you meet in this game.
- Giant Foot of Stomping: The second episode's final boss has this as a primary attack.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: There is food in the game which will restore your health.
- Invincibility Power-Up: The blue orbs with two rings will protect you from damage.
- Locked Door: They are usually indicated with coloured walls on the side of the door.
- Made of Explodium: The hen grenades will explode upon impact.
- Mission-Pack Sequel: Shaw's Nightmare II.
- Level-Map Display: There are two versions, the wireframe mode and the textured mode.
- Speedrun: There is one for this game: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/42414560
- Visible Invisibility: Some dogs and Shaw himself if he picks up the invisibility cloak are rendered transparent.