Shark! Shark! is a Video Game by Don Daglow, with additional programming by Ji-Wen Tsao.note
The game has you play as a little yellow fish. The object of the game is to eat other fish and grow bigger, allowing you to eat bigger fish who would've eaten you otherwise.
Of course, sometimes, a shark will appear on-screen and start swimming about. The game IS called "Shark! Shark!" after all. You can either avoid the shark until it leaves, or you can decide to take on the shark.
The game was released on December 6th, 1982.
Shark! Shark! contains examples of:
- Attack Its Weak Point: The shark's one vulnerable spot is its tail. You have to hit it several times to make the shark go belly up.
- "Double, Double" Title: Shark! Shark!.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: The yellow fish you play as can be taken out in one hit by bigger fish.
- Sizeshifter: The yellow fish grows bigger with every 1000 points it gets. It can grow five times.
- Threatening Shark: A big black shark will sometimes appear on the screen and start swimming about. You can either avoid it until it leaves, or you could try Attacking Its Weak Point.
- Video-Game Lives: You get these each time you grow in size.