Seedling is a retro action-adventure Game that can be played online. A boy created from the wind is sent on a quest by the oracle who created him to find a seed to replace the oracle's dying tree. To find this seed, he must travel across the land, go through dungeons, solve puzzles, and face the Creatures of Relic.
It can be played here.
Tropes used in this game:
- Big Good: The Watcher is portrayed as this
- Blackout Basement: Woshad, which has lights that can be turned on or off using the ghost spear.
- Blaming the Railroaded Player Character: There are boss fights throughout the game with the Creatures of Relic, which the player character is later called out for killing them all. However, the game also goes out of its way to prevent Sequence Breaking that could prevent you from encountering some of them in the first place, so fighting them all is the only way to progress through the game.
- Collection Sidequest: There are amulet pieces scattered in treasure chests across the world. Collecting them all unlocks the good ending.
- Combat Tentacles: The Tentacled Beast uses these
- Dark Is Not Evil: A witch gives you the Dark Sword because she believes you to be a good person.
- Developers' Foresight: Its possible to try to get the conch after getting the sword but before the first dungeon. However, if you do, the path will be blocked.
- Equipment-Based Progression
- It's All Upstairs from Here: Ghethis.
- Last-Second Ending Choice: Either, kill the Watcher for the seed, or find a different way to get the seed.
- Lethal Lava Land: Bosiniad
- Lost Woods: Rostef
- MacGuffin: The seed
- Multiple Endings: Two of them.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The Watcher blocks the entrance to the Owls Nest to stop the player character after he kills the Shieldspire, but this only leads him to kill the other Creatures of Relic in his quest to find the seed.
- North Is Cold, South Is Hot: The ice themed dungeon is north, and the entrance to the lava themed dungeon is south.
- One-Time Dungeon: Lacste. The entrance is blocked after you visit it.
- Significant Anagram: All of the dungeons (except the Nest of the Owl).
- You Bastard!: The watcher calls you out for killing all the Creatures of Relic at the end of the game.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The Oracle does this to the player character in the bad ending.