Players control haniwa-shaped cactus plants who leave their pots to protect a Big Fancy House by trapping enemies with bouncing bombs.
The game contains 100 single-screen levels.
This game contains examples of:
- Antlion Monster: The Stage 30 boss, whose Boss Room is made of sloping platforms.
- Circling Birdies: Happens when players get jumped on by enemy cactuses.
- Collision Damage: Averted. It's possible to squash enemies from above, bump them from below, or shove them from the side. Only bombs kill.
- Cute Kitten: Two kittens appear in the background of Stage 20.
- Dueling Player Characters: The fifth stage out of every ten is a "1P vs. 2P" fight.
- Edible Collectible: Fruits and vegetables are worth 100 to 4,000 points each, with a 100,000-point "special bonus" for collecting all 15 kinds. There are also pieces of shortcake, collecting eight of which will give an extra life.
- Giant Spider: The Stage 40 boss. Its web does nothing.
- The Goomba: The starfish enemies appearing in the first stage that just walk slowly back and forth. They can even be squashed (though this doesn't defeat them). In later stages, they spit out bombs.
- Numerical Theme Naming: The player character names, Wanpi and Tsuupi, obviously stand for 1P and 2P.
- Score Multiplier: Can be increased repeatedly by collecting a certain powerup.
- Smart Bomb: The morning glory instantly eliminates all enemies on the screen.
- Sprint Shoes: Getting a sunflower allows you to move faster, with a Wheel o' Feet effect.