The game is set aboard the Horizon, a colony ship associated with New London, and overseen by an Artificial Intelligence called "SSTR" (pronounced "sister"). Something has gone wrong on board the Horizon. SSTR has gone rogue. She's turned on the crew she's tasked with taking care of, hunting them down with her drones and killing them. The Horizon has gone on lockdown, including the room to SSTR's control module.
You wake up from cryosleep on board The Horizon. If you want to live to escape this nightmare, you need to solve puzzles, fight off SSTR's attack drones, and make it to the control module room to shut her down. Can you do it?
The game was released on December 14th, 2020.
SSTR contains examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: SSTR is the AI who's supposed to be looking after the humans on board The Horizon. Instead, she's hunting them down and killing them.
- Antagonist Title: SSTR is the name of both the game, and the killer AI.
- Attack Drone: SSTR is deploying them to kill the human colonists aboard The Horizon. They do so with electric shocks.
- One-Word Title: Naturally.
- Permadeath: Every time you die, SSTR deploys a new crew-member for you to play as.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is viewed from a first-person perspective.
- Room Full of Crazy: In the hallway outside the room you respawn in, you'll find words carved into the walls reading things like "Should Have Read".
- Save Point: The Imprint Stations serve this purpose.