SNK Gals Fightersnote is a Fighting Game released in 2000 exclusively for the NeoGeo Pocket Color. This comedic Spin-Off of The King of Fighters centers around a Queen of Fighters tournament organized by Miss X, in which the female fighters from SNK's other fighting game series compete to win the K Talisman, which will grant its owner one wish.
List of the girls and the previous fighting games they appeared in:
- Fatal Fury: Mai Shiranui
- Art of Fighting: Yuri Sakazaki
- The King of Fighters: Athena Asamiya, Leona, Shermie, Whip (secret character), Yuki (Kyo Kusanagi's girlfriend; secret character too), Iori Yagami (final boss)
- Samurai Shodown: Nakoruru, Shiki
- The Last Blade: Akari Ichijo
- All Just a Dream: Happens in Mai Shiranui's ending. Winning the tournament and the K' Talisman, means somehow that she can now marry Andy, who appears just in time... to "reveal" that he has been secretly a woman all of these years. Shocked, Mai awakes to reality. This is probably a nod to her Real Bout 2 ending, which was also All Just a Dream - except in this dream, Andy and Mai were about to get married when she found out he was a bald guy wearing a long blond wig.
- Amusing Injuries: As a comedic spin-off of the KOF series, there is a lot off this in-game; For example, Mai gets herself covered in sooth after completing her Super Deadly Ninja Bees move.
- Art Shift: KO-ing an opponent with this game's equivalent of a Super Combo move causes grayscale images (akin to how the characters are portrayed in most of the other games they appear in) of that character to briefly flash on the screen before they keel over.
- Big Ball of Violence: The "Cat Fight" mechanic, which happens when two characters dash towards each other. Once you start a Cat Fight, mash the buttons to have the upper hand.
- Big "NO!": One of Yuki's moves: to elaborate, giant text reading "NO!" comes out of her mouth. Very useful for offense and defense.
- Cherry Tapping: A few of the characters have taunts (performed by pressing the Option button while holding left or right) that deal an impractically minuscule amount of damage. Naturally, as per this trope, it's hilarious to KO your opponent with them.
- Cruel Mercy: Yuki subjects Iori to this. With the K Tailsman, she can permanently turn him into a girl at anytime.
- Denser and Wackier: While KOF has its share of comedic moments, the end bosses are usually maniacal mad men who hunger for power and control. Here though, the final boss is Iori Yagami in a drag, who went from a psychotic Pyromaniac who obsesses in killing his rival, to some guy who gets his kicks out of wearing a sailor fuku and watching girls beat the crap out of one another. Then there's the cartoonish art style.
- I'm a Humanitarian: One of "Miss X's" supers has "her" thrash the opponent with a knife and fork. Of course, there's only one other KOF character with a super like that.
- Incredibly Conspicuous Drag: Iori Yagami has disguised himself as "Miss X" by wearing a Sailor Fuku and a mask and insisting he's a girl. Nobody who sees him believes it.
- Mundane Utility: Most of the endings result in the winner wishing for something relatively mundane (Athena wishes for her long hair back, Leona wishes away a toothache, etc.). The most egregious example has to be Shermie, who wishes for a larger hamster cage for her pregnant pet rather than summoning Orochi. Yashiro even points this out to her.
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes: When a knockout by super move happens, the background will flash scenes from the loser's daily life.
- Nintendo Hard: One of the hardest games in the KOF series, thanks to Miss X.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Athena's storyline is this. After winning the tournament, she wishes for her hair to grow long again. Later, she lands another acting role but is asked to cut off her hair, much to her disappointment.
- Yuri's story is this as well. Before she could decide on a wish, Ryo throws out "trash" out of her room. Yuri angrily demands to have it back... and the Tailsman grants her that wish.
- SNK Boss: Whip, Yuki, and Iori Yagami fill this spot.
- The One Guy: Under most circumstances, Iori would absolutely fill this roles given that he's literally the only male characters in the game, but he willingly crossdresses as Miss X to hold and participate in the Queen of Fighters tournament, but a quick glance at his get-up fails to convince anyone he's a woman.
- Traumatic Haircut: Athena has had her long hair cut short, and now bitterly regrets it.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: It's implied that Yuki's reason for entering the QOF was to stop Iori from hunting and trying to kill her boyfriend Kyo.
- Wheel o' Feet: All characters have variations of this for their running animations.