Rexford/Rexanna Rocket is a war veteran turned spaceship captain who spends his/her days ferrying scientists across the galaxy in his/her spaceship, the S.S. Montana. Their newest mission is to transport a species of bio-engineered Blob Monsters called Terra-Oozlings to an uninhabited planet across the galaxy.
However, while everyone is in hyper-sleep, the Terra-Oozlings escape containment and get into everything, including the ship's A.I., making it go insane. Now Rex and his/her crew need to stop the computer and save the day.
Rex Rocket contains examples of:
- Alliterative Title: Rex Rocket
- Amazing Technicolor Population: The skin of Rex, and everyone else in the game, is yellow.
- Blob Monster: The Terra-Oozlings are green blobs of various sizes (but all quite dangerous).
- Hologram: Lauren, the ship's A.I. projects an image of a woman to communicate with people.
- Ludicrous Gibs: Some of Rex's death animations involve him/her exploding into little red pixels.
- Mini-Mecha: Rex can pilot robots to battle enemies.
- Pinned to the Wall: Some crew members and scientists can be seen stuck to the walls in the background with green ooze.
- Protagonist Title: Of course, the game is named after the Player Character.
- Retraux: The game is meant to evoke the look, feel, and DIFFICULTY LEVEL of 8-bit classics like Mega Man and Metroid.