Redeemer is a Beat'em'up game developed by Sobaka Studio and Buka Entertainment in 2017.
The main character is Vasily, an former soldier of the Russian army, who worked for years in the private security of a rich and powerful multinational of armaments and advanced technologies, Alta-Tek, but conducting dirty work on behalf of Alta-Tek, including targeted killings, kidnappings, torture and extortion, but Vasily became uncomfortable for the leaders of Alta-Tek, who tried to assassinate Vasily, who had to escape and flee Russia, hiding a Buddhist monastery of Shaolin monks in China for 20 years ...
but 20 years, Alta-Tek, who was looking for Vasily, discovers the existence of the monastery and attacks it, devastating it, hunting Vasily ...Vasily decides to take revenge and fight Alta-Tek by any means ...
This work contains examples of:
- 20 Minutes into the Future: Reedemer is set in 2040.
- Badass Beard: Vasily sports an impressive long beard that he wears in a braid.
- Bioweapon Beast: mutant creatures and mutant beasts created and generated in the Alta-Tek laboratories in various experiments in advanced genetics, are either failed or failed experiments or Super Mutants to be used as weapons of war, that genetically enhanced soldiers.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Fighting during gameplay is often brutal and bloodthirsty, both bare-knuckle fights, and basic weaponry with cutting weapons and firearms, fights are real carnage.
- Elite Mook: The elite and high-ranking units of the Iblis Unit, composed of martial arts and infantry experts with armor and heavy weapons.
- The Evil Army: The Unit Irbis turns out to be a cruel and ruthless army, which conducts military operations to defend and protect the affairs and interests of Alta-Tek, revealing itself as a mercenary army dedicated to the worst activities between torture, massacres, massacres, kidnappings, disappearances and extortions and removal of uncomfortable people at Alta-Tek.
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: in the future, genetic engineering and biotechnology have become widely used and widespread, with Altaj-Tek conducting experiments in advanced biogenetics, which led to the creation of biogenic mutants of each species.
- Gorn: Vasily, during the fighting, gets to exploit the surrounding environment to kill his opponents (both Alta-Tek soldiers and ferocious mutants), in the most imaginative means: throwing soldiers down from a suspension bridge, using circular saws to make them in pieces, using electric cables to fry them with electricity, grab them and break them up with the blades of a vertical take-off plane.
- He's Back: After escaping and escaping from Alta-Tek, he hid for 20 years in a Chinese Buddhist monastery, hiding from the world, but after the Alta Tek agents discovered the shelter in which Vasily was hidden, the latter, yes finds himself forced back into action.
- Improvised Weapon: Vasily makes extensive use of it, including a wooden stick, an ax, a knife and a truncheon, literally using everything as a weapon.
- Living Weapon: The Bio Genetic Mutants of the Alta-Tek laboratories, are designed and designed for this, to be literally living weapons to use and use in the battlefields.
- Mega-Corp: Alta-Tek or Altaj-Tek or Altaj Technology or Altaiskie Teknologij, a Russian multinational, based in Barnaul, founded by a rich and powerful Russian oligarch in 2019, is a Russian multinational active in advanced technologies, genetics and cybernetics, especially in military cybernetics, becoming the largest supplier of military technologies of the Russian army, but decades later, it became an incorrect and unscrupulous multinational, which came to equip itself with its own private army and to conduct dirty and unscrupulous operations, including targeted killings, kidnappings, torture and extortion.
- Mutants: In the Biogenetic laboratories of Alta-Tek, numerous experiments in advanced genetics have led to the creation of genetic mutants of every species, genus and type.
- N.G.O. Superpower: Alta-Tek has become a rich and powerful multinational, which has come to thwart its rivals and competitors, becoming the richest and most powerful multinational in Russia in 2040, becoming a sovereign body in its own right, becoming as powerful as the Russian government itself.
- One-Man Army: During the gameplay, Vasily turns out to be this, revealing himself completely unkillable and managing to fight alone the entire private Alta-Tek army and hordes of Biological mutants created by Alta Tek.
- Private Military Contractors: The Irbis Unit, which would be the private army of Alta-Tek, a military force in its own right, but composed of former soldiers of the Russian army and former Russian and Serbian mercenaries, the first nucleus of the Iblis Unit was active in a war in Serbia in 2022, but with the passing of the years, the private army of Alta-Tek, being equipped with advanced weapons and advanced technologies of Alta-Tek, are the biggest enemies of Vasily.
- Red Shirt Army: The basic units of the Iblis Unit are easily killed by Vasily.