Realms of Chaos is a platform game written for MS-DOS, published by Apogee Software (now 3D Realms).
Realms of Chaos is distributed as shareware. It consists of three episodes, with only the first episode playable in the shareware version. The episodes are:
- Episode 1: Revolt of the Myraal
- Episode 2: The Goblin Plague
- Episode 3: Foray into Fire
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Cat Folk: The Myraal are a race of bipedal felines. They oppose the heroes in the first episode, but only because their king has been corrupted.
- Episodic Game: This game has three episodes to it.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Endrick slashes with a sword and Elandra shoots fireballs.
- Heroic Fantasy: It primarily features on the siblings' travels to defeat the evil threat in various places.
- Ms. Fanservice: Elandra's white outfit is rather needlessly revealing.
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: They are "Super Easy", "Practice", "Normal", "Challenge" and "Psycho Warrior".
- Stealth Sequel: To Paganitzu, as you find out late in the game.
- Unexpected Character: Omigosh, the Big Bad of Paganitzu, turns out to be the main antagonist here.
- What Could Have Been: They were going to title the game Paganitzu II: The Bloodfire Pendant, but they clearly changed their minds at some point.