Has a lot of unlockable modes, and Randomly Generated Levels with things like Planets, asteroids, LASER planets. Luckily you're able to deal with such things and even if you bite it the points you earn can make you stronger.
Tropes found in Really Big Sky Include:
- Bullet Hell: The Laser Boss and Hell mode.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: You can't upload your score in Peaceful? Mode.
- More Dakka: Several of the upgrades you can buy for Classic and Remix mode increase your firepower.
- Nintendo Hard: The whole game, but especially Nightmare and Hell mode.
- One-Hit Point Wonder: You, of course, but this can be subverted by buying the Radioshield upgrade in Classic mode or selecting it as a perk in most of the other modes.
- This Is a Drill: Part of what sets this game apart from other Shoot 'Em Ups is that you can drill through asteroids and the like.