Raze 2 is an online flash game made by AddisonR and Juice-tin. It's a mash-up of 2D platforming and First-Person Shooters. Players buy different weapons using credits that they earn from skill shots and winning battles. There isn't much of a "story", however there is indeed a campaign. Rather, there are two campaigns - the Human campaign, which is the first one players do, and after the Human campaign has been completed, players can play the Alien Campaign. The main character in the 'Human' campaign is a soldier known as Raze. He's infected with the zombie virus that has plagued areas of the earth, however it has not taken over his system yet, so he's still a fully-functional human. In the Alien campaign, the main character is an alien commander. Both campaigns involve the side you're on attempting to get four artifacts that will save the planet from an incoming invasion. It's unknown which side is evil but that doesn't matter much.
This game provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: The Credit Cannon. It shoots regular bullets but is powered by money.
- Another Side, Another Story: The Alien campaign in both games is almost exactly the same as the Human campaign - except you're playing as the aliens this time around. And its a hell of a lot harder, as well.
- Awesome, but Impractical: The Credit Cannon is absurdly powerful but sucks up your credits (money) like no ones business.
- Crapsack World: With a bit of thinking, you might realize just what state Earth is in. There are zombies in portions of the world, aliens are attacking, there are meteors approaching, and the government has resorted to training people who are infected with some sort of fatal virus into soldiers.
- Heroic Mime: The character you play as in the Human campaign never speaks.
- Dueling Games: With Plazma Burst 2, and to a lesser extent, Armor Mayhem.
- People Jars: Seen in the beginning of the human campaign, at least.
- Perspective Flip: The Alien campaign shows the aliens as good guys.. mostly. They're not ones to shy away from killing loads of humans, but don't want to start a war, and don't kill any humans they don't have to.
- Revolvers Are Just Better : Years into the future, and the military is still using old-fashioned magnum revolvers despite the fact that they have shotguns that shoot flaming ammo and acid-shooting rocket launchers.
- The End of the World as We Know It: The game takes place WAY after this.
- Zombie Apocalypse: There are zombies but they've apparently been released as a weapon from the aliens.
- Zombie Gait: Averted. The zombies in this game are just as fast as the humans and aliens and are intelligent enough to wield firearms.