Ravenwood Fair is a Facebook game currently in beta. It is a mix of management game and RPG, where you raise levels by doing things like restocking food stalls and games while building more so that you may increase your Fun meter to attract more guests. All of the characters are animal people dressed in medieval garb.
This game contains examples of:
- Allegedly Free Game: Most things require rare building materials for you to complete them. You can request that your friends send you gifts—or you could dole out several dollars to pay in Facebook credits.
- There are other examples of this in play. Want to change costumes? Facebook credits. Special, limited-time-only offer? Facebook credits. Can't get that super-rare item that your friends will never give you because they forget to log in? Facebook credits. The fact that reminders pop up constantly to remind you to get those items is just the icing on the cake.
- All-Natural Gem Polish: Averted; crystals harvested from the mines actually look how you would expect them to if they'd just been dug up.
- Funny Animal: Everyone. Even you.
- Gaia's Vengeance: Monsters only appear when you cut down trees or smash rocks. Since you have to clear out the forest to make room for your fair, this can be seen as the forest turning against you.
- Irony: You play as an animal who basically clear-cuts a forest.
- Shout-Out: There's one quest called Love Potion Number Six.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Notably averted, for the most part. The animals dress according to gender, but aside from a couple of promotional characters they lack things like eyelashes and breasts.
- Welcome to Corneria: Aside from quest dialogue, everyone says the same thing over and over again.