Rallo Gump is a homebrew Platform Game for DOS PCs, created by Just SoftWorks, Homebrew Software (yes, there's a company by that name), and Edge Creations in 1994. It has many gameplay aspects borrowed from Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, and other popular platformers from the era.
The story takes place on the planet Gump at the center of the universe. The indigenous Gumps are pacifists unprepared for a sudden invasion by Mr. Glump Gump the 3rd and his army of Glumpites. It is up to the heroic Rallo Gump to rescue his family and his people from the Glumpites.
The game includes tropes such as:
- Asian Speekee Engrish: The expository notes found in blocks are sometimes narrated by a person with a heavy East Asian accent.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: The description of the planet Gump's geography:From the mountains...to the valleys. From sheer rock faces...to the volcanic spikefields.
- Cast of Snowflakes
- Easily Conquered World: Specified as being the result of the Gumps' pacifism.
- Excuse Plot
- Gonk: The entire cast is made up of these.
- The Lost Woods: "Frolicking in the Freaky Forest."
- Stock Sound Effects: Rallo's grunt whenever he lands from jumping is a frequently-used sound in DOS homebrews.