As a scavenger in a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland, life is tough. At least, you have a robotic dog companion named Scrappy. Until of course, he inevitably gets captured by raiders. However, thanks to a good samaritan, you have the tools and weaponry necessary to take on the raiders and rescue your dog.
This game can be played at here.
Raiders Took My Dog provides examples of:
- After the End: The game's setting takes place in a nuclear wasteland, filled to the brim with numerous hostile raiders and a lack of civilization.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: No matter how many raiders get slaughtered. more will keep trying to kill the scavenger.
- Crosshair Aware: The grenade-launcher raiders will display a crosshair of where their launched grenades will fall.
- Enemy Chatter: Some of the raiders yell out battle-cries or taunts. Some of these can be quite *odd*.
- Elemental Powers: These can be obtained off of power-ups and upgrading your launcher.
- An Ice Person: The Freezing Grenade. Releases liquid nitrogen that will damage and freeze raiders in the blast radius.
- Shock and Awe: Ball Lightning and the Plasma PFG-9K. The former will fire a ball that chains lightning among up to 5 targets. The latter does the same, but with greater effectiveness.
- Excuse Plot: Your robo-dog friend has been kidnapped and sold by raiders! Fight through waves of hostiles in order to find and rescue it!
- The Goomba: The raiders who carry rusty sabers. These are the first type of raider you encounter, and can only attack from melee range. They are the weakest raider you'll face in the game, and can be dispatched with your basic rifle with four shots. Not to mention, it's pretty easy to dodge their sword swipes.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: In this case, it's mostly justified due to the electric turrets preventing the raiders from running past the scavenger. However, it does not explain why the flying raiders don't just fly over them.
- Large and in Charge: All of the bosses are much larger compared to the normal Mooks.
- Sequel Hook: After defeating the final boss raider, the game ends with a "to be continued" screen.
- Spread Shot: The Shotgun Shut launcher upgrade allows you to fire a spread of 5 pellets at the enemies. Raiders wielding shotguns can do the same.
- Weapon of Choice
- An Axe to Grind: The axe wielding raiders. They are a bit slower than their sword-brethren, but they deal more damage upon connecting.
- Chainsaw Good: The chainsaw wielding raiders. They have more armor compared to the other melee units, and can deal a continuous stream of damage upon striking you.
- Cool Sword: The sword-wielding raiders. Beginning from the raiders wielding rusty-sabers, to the samurai raiders wielding laser swords, who can also teleport.