The game takes place in a fantasy world that feels vaguely Norse or Celtic. You are a viking warrior, and your family and hometown were massacred by hellish creatures. Now you set out to find revenge.
It can be downloaded here, and requires a copy of Ultimate Doom to play.
REKKR contains examples of:
- An Axe to Grind: The protagonist can use a two-handed axe.
- Bilingual Bonus: REKKR is Old Norse for "warrior".
- Bloodstained Glass Windows: E1M3 takes place in chapel.
- Censored Child Death: The protagonist's newborn baby was already killed when he entered into his home, but you can only see a destroyed crib.
- Chest Monster: There are mimics that disguise themselves to health bottles.
- Doomed Hometown: Hellish creatures destroyed the protagonist's hometown and killed its residents.
- Grenade Launcher: The staff of explosion rune shoots explosive runes.
- Humanoid Abomination: Residents in your hometown were turned into horrific monsters.
- Horny Vikings: The protagonist looks like a typical viking. He wears a horned helmet, too.
- Mook Medic: Flying eye monsters can resurrect dead monsters.
- Short-Range Shotgun: The Steelshot Launcher deals good damage, but it's inaccurate.
- Videogame Cruelty Potential: You can slaughter rabbit-like animals to replenish some health.
- When Trees Attack: The Treebeasts. They are living tree stumps, and shoot projectiles at you.
- Your Soul Is Mine: You can harvest human souls from killed humanoid enemies. You can use it as ammo of your bow and soul launcher.