Project Wight is an upcoming RPG and horror game by The Outsiders.
Players take control of the Wight, a dangerous creature in a Dark Age setting. Beginning as a weak child creature, they must survive and grow in strength as the humans seek to complete their genocide of your race.
There is currently no projected release date.
Tropes related to this work
- Air-Vent Passageway: There are small tunnels that only a young wight can fit through, making them a convenient escape route away from angry humans.
- Evolution Power-Up: Wights go from child to adolescent to adult stages, growing larger and developing new abilities as they age.
- Grey and Grey Morality: The wight is a vicious and dangerous monster that massacres humans, while the humans themselves wiped out most of your race before the game began. On the other hand, the wight began as a simple child that only wanted to survive while the humans sought to eliminate the dangerous monsters that had preyed on them for years.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Older wights can let out a piercing shriek that disorients enemies.
- Monstrous Humanoid: The wight, from the little shown in the first person through their hands and other wight corpses. This is only made more obvious with their quadrupedal movement.
- Not Quite Flight: Older wights are capable of gliding long distances.
- Our Wights Are Different: They're dangerous monster rather than some form of undead and have various powers.
- Stronger with Age: The longer a wight lives, the larger it grows and the more powers it develops.
- Sympathetic P.O.V.: The game starts with the player character as a child hiding in a cave while humans hack apart their father's corpse for trophies.
- Villain Protagonist: The purpose of the game is to show the standard RPG from the monster's point of view.