Azuregard is a world that is slowly slipping into chaos. The Empire's power is being threatened both by orc raiders and human outcasts, while the elves look to the stars to predict what lies ahead of the troubled times. Marcus Stern, a Templar, finds the amnesiac angel "Ruffles," and sets out on a quest. They are quickly joined by the elven Pathfinder Sylrianah and the human battlemage known as Zarum the Lost. Together, they must discover the secrets of their world.
Tropes to be found in the game:
- Arrows on Fire: Sylrianah is shown to fire these in the demo.
- BFS: On all the concept art, Marcus' zweihänder is depicted about the same size as his (rather tall) self.
- Bloodless Carnage: The enemies in the demo shed absolutely no blood when killed.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Archetypally, Marcus wields a two-handed sword on the artwork and in the demo.
- Our Orcs Are Different: The demo portrays them as standard fantasy Always Chaotic Evil barbarian hordes, but time will tell.
- Shield-Bearing Mook: In the demo, the stronger Orcs carry round wooden shields, but otherwise have nearly identical models.