Power Quest is a 1998 RPG/Fighting game for the Gameboy Color made by Japan Supply Studios, published by Capcom and localized by Sunsoft.
The game's story mode follows you, the nameless, faceless, genderless protagonist on your quest to become the very best modeler in the country. Modeling is not that kind of modeling. It's essentially modifying and competing with models, which are little 10 centimeter tall robots with amazing fighting skills that surpass what a human would be capable of.
This game provides examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: The protagonist is never referred to with gender-specific pronouns, instead just being referred to as "you". Also, the only sprite of the protagonist is the tiny one on the overworld map, which barely has enough detail to show their eyes let alone anything to indicate gender.
- Butt-Monkey: Louis tends to get the crap kicked out of him nearly every time he shows up.
- Does Not Like Men: Ann is very much prejudiced against boys. So much so that it's very nearly her only defining attribute.
- Five-Man Band - the designs of the five models fit neatly
- Forced Level-Grinding: Averted and played straight. You practically need to grind to be able to afford the level 2 and 3 parts, but the level 4 parts (the best ones) are not only free but are obtainable about a quarter of the way through the game, provided you're skilled enough to beat The Scientist, that is.
- Infinity +1 Sword: The level 4 parts.
- Joke Character: BOROT is a character who can't jump, crouch or block, doesn't have any special attacks, and just generally sucks.
- Limit Break: As you fight a gauge underneath your lifebar slowly fills. Once it's full a one will appear beside it an it starts to fill a second time. When it's done that time, a two replaces the one. If you have at least one full bar, you can use a super attack (provided you have the Super Part of course).
- NO INDOOR VOICE: The General never ends his sentences with simple periods!
- Power Glows: Characters glow while using super attacks and counterattacks.