Pokemon Moon Emerald is a video game created in 2016. It's a ROM hack of Pokémon Emerald that adds all the Pokemon from games up to Pokémon Sun and Moon. It essentially plays the same as the game it's based on, except you get Alola starters, other trainers have more varied teams and the challenge is slightly higher. There's also a version available that raises the shiny encounter rate to 1%.
This game provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: This game has all Pokemon up to Gen VII, which is more than twice the amount in Gen III, as well as most of their moves and the Fairy type.
- Boss in Mook Clothing: Two Psychics in Mossdeep Gym have Tapu Lele and Mesprit, which are legendaries. They also have higher levels than all the other trainers in the gym.
- Easy Levels, Hard Bosses: While the wild encounters and trainer battles are just about as hard as they were in the original, Gym Leaders have revamped teams that are much harder to beat.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Going to the Pokedex entry 619 or more will freeze the game.
- Mission-Pack Sequel: There are no dialogue changes or new challenges. Outside of the changes in the description, it plays esentially the same as Gen III.
- Took a Level in Badass: Fishermen replaced their Magikarps with Wimpods, and while those aren't much stronger, they can at least attack.
- Video Game Demake: All up to Gen VII Pokemon are put in Gen III, and the ones from Gen VI and Gen VII receive pixel art instead of 3D models.