Pokémon Blaze Black and Volt White are romhacks of Pokémon Black and White, respectively. They are known for overhauling the stats and movesets of Pokémon, as well as making the game significantly harder and adding a new post-game. They were the first pair of Pokémon overhaul romhacks created by Drayano 60, followed by Fire Red Omega, Sacred Gold & Storm Silver, Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2, and Renegade Platinum.
Tropes that Pokémon Blaze Black and Volt White provide:
- Anti-Frustration Features: You get the bike at the start of the game.
- 100% Completion: It's possible to get all 649 Pokémon available in the game without trading.
- Master of Illusion: As in Black and White, N's final battle leads off with Zekrom or Reshiram - except here it's actually a disguised Zoroark.
- Mythology Gag: Youngster Joey has a Rattata.
- Nintendo Hard: Very much so compared to Black and White. All gym leaders use 6 Pokémon with good movesets, and some even battle you with a different battle format (for example, the first gym battle is a rotation battle).
- Olympus Mons:
- You can catch all of them in some way or another.
- Ghetsis uses a Genesect in his team.
- Game Freak Morimoto has a full team of mythical Pokémon.