Pocket Rumble is a 2D Fighting Game for Steam and the Nintendo Switch developed by Cardboard Robot Games. This game is majorly inspired by SNK fighters on the Neo Geo Pocket. The control scheme involves the standard movements and two attacks buttons: Light and Heavy. Each character has their own special moves and abilities that can be used to their advantage.
This game provides examples of:
- Cast from Hit Points: Hector's dashes hurt him, but to compensate, he gains a healing mechanic after performing several of them.
- Developers' Foresight: There are many different messages that pop up when you try to quit the game, based on lots of factors like whether you've played at all, if you spent the whole play session in training, or if it's a Saturday night.
- Demonic Possession: June does this to her opponent whenever she wins a round. If she does it to another June, this will cause an error and they will both disappear; they will appear in the next round.
- Diner Brawl: One of the stages in the game takes place in a diner.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Hector's entire playstyle revolves around quickly drawing his sword to hit his opponent.
- Long-Range Fighter: June's fighting style. Her special moves mainly produce projectiles and her normal attacks have a long reach.
- Puppet Fighter: Keiko has a demonic cat named Q that fights by her side by turning into an Eldritch Abomination of sorts. She is inspired by JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Persona 4: Arena, gameplay-wise.
- Running on All Fours: Subject 11's dash is him bending backwards and crawling along the ground.
- Shock and Awe: Parker's attacks are electrical and each hit can cause X-Ray Sparks.
- Shotoclone: Tenchi is sole shoto of the game. He has a projectile and two anti-air moves. If his meter is filled from using his specials, he can unleash a more powerful projectile that hits multiple times.
- Smoking Is Cool: Parker's win pose has him lighting a cigarette with his electrokinesis.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: June.
- Variable Mix: Whenever the final round occurs, the background music becomes faster and more intense.
- Wall Jump: Quinn is a nimble character who is able to jump on and off the walls in a fight.