Plaque Attack is a 1983 Shoot 'Em Up for the Atari 2600 by Activision, designed by Steve Cartwright.
In the game, you play as a tube of toothpaste that must shoot at waves of various foodstuffs that are attacking your teeth.
This game provides examples of:
- Anthropomorphic Food: Appearing only on the box cover in addition to an anthropomorphic tube of toothpaste.
- Endless Game: You play this game until you run out of teeth.
- Rule of Cool: For every 2000 points you get an extra tooth that will replace any tooth that you lose. If you have not lost any, you will get a brand new extra tooth. How about that? Brush well enough and you will grow extra teeth!
- Scoring Points: Besides shooting down foodstuffs, you also get points for every tooth remaining at the end of a wave as well as the amount of toothpaste left in your tube.
- Shoot 'Em Up: A sort of combination of Space Invaders and Missile Command.
- The Tooth Hurts: When a foodstuff reaches one of your teeth, unless it's shot down, it rots the tooth into oblivion.