Nom Nom Galaxy is a game about the high-stakes world of Soup production. In it, you play as a nameless grunt tasked with going to distant planets, finding things to make delicious soup out of, and protecting your office from rival soup companies.
This game contains examples of the following tropes:
- Chainsaw Good: You have a buzzsaw that you can use to drill through the earth, and also deal mid-range damage to enemies.
- Genre-Busting: It's a sandbox simulation game tower defense thingy.
- Mega-Corp: You work for one, and you compete against others.
- Planimal: Most of the monsters you fight are these things.
- Shout-Out: One of the soup flavours is called "Vineshroom." Vinesauce's logo is also often called Vineshroom.
- Serious Business: Soup-making.
- Sliding Scale of Robot Intelligence: Your boss is presumably a type 3, while the robots you build to automate the production of soup are closer to a 1 or 2.