One night, a boy named Djaha'rell is woken up in the night by a nightmare. His father comes in to see what's wrong, and decides to help Djaha'rell by telling him a story.
The story is about the land of Omnia, a Dream World where all the people live in harmony and create hope. That all changes, however, when one day, beings of darkness known as the Hya'Nagi cross into Omnia through the veil separating it from the nightmare world. They began to invade, shrouding Omnia in darkness and threatening to extinguish all hope within forever.
Then, Iketomi, the hymn of dreams, decided to act. Using all the dream matter left in Omnia, he created a Guardian capable of defeating the invading Hya'Nagi. He names this hero...
It also has an "Episode 2".
Pankapu contains examples of:
- Autosave: The game autosaves with each completed level. The icon for this appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Blue Is Heroic: The Faith Aegis is blue, and he has glowing blue eyes. And he's the guardian created to combat the Hya'Nagi.
- Checkpoint: These appear in the form of a cluster of yellow pieces that form a circle when they come together. Every time you activate one, it restores your health, and serves as a respawn point.
- Color-Coded Characters: Ohoko is green, Ohiti is red, and Ohala is blue.
- Double Jump: Pankapu can do this with the Ardor Aegis
- Dream Land: Omnia, which is being threatened by the invading Hya'Nagi.
- Fun with Acronyms: Some enemies in the tower in the Starry Deeps have names like this. There's...
- A.I.M. turrets (Atomatic Interception of Menaces turrets)
- B.A.L.L. Units (Ballistic Armed Localization and Liquidation Units)
- D.O.O.R. system (Deployment of Optimized Operations for Redress system)
- G.U.N. Unit (Gyroscopic Universal Operation Unit)
- Chii is a Chimeric Holistic Intelligent Integration Unit.
- Heart Container:Lutanite fragments serve this role. Collecting four of them grants Pankapu an extra diamond of health.
- In the Hood: The Faith Aegis has a hood that Pankapu wears over his head.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: In The Bravery Aegis, Pankapu can use a shield to protect himself against attack.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Pankapu doesn't have any irises.
- One-Word Title: The game is called "Pankapu", so this is a given.
- Protagonist Title: The protagonist is named Pankapu.
- Red Is Heroic: The armor Pankapu wears with The Bravery Aegis is primarily red, though it has yellow on it as well.
- Rise to the Challenge: The final level of Archipelago Of The Winds, "Ardent Abysses", has Pankapu racing against rising lava to reach the end of the level.
- Sand Worm: Sah'laks, which are giant black one-eyed worms that first appear in the Starry Depths. They burrow back and forth in the ground, and burst upward to attack Pankapu when he gets close.
- The ship that Chii forms is known as the "Chiikaruga".
- Zoldabilly's profile page states that he believed the time had come for happy days. "Monday, Tuesday, happy days, Thursday, Friday, happy days.".
- Side View: Naturally, given it's a 2D platformer.
- The Stinger: After the credits roll, the screen goes white, and a voice laments losing someone. Then the screen shows Chii floating in front of a black shadowy figure lying prone on the ground in front of him. The figure manages to rise to its hands and knees and opens its eyes, which are yellow and evil-looking. Chii can only ask one question.Chii: Pankapu?
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: When equipping The Bravery Aegis, Pankapu can throw his sword as an attack. It comes right back, boomerang-style.