The game takes you through various locations in Adventure Bay and gives you the ability to play as all eightnote members of the PAW Patrol.
Tropes present in this game:
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: Which pup you play as varies from level to level.
- Ascended Extra: Everest and Tracker, who had lesser roles in the series, are presented as not only regular PAW Patrol members, but playable characters as well. However, this didn't apply to every PAW Patrol member (see Demoted to Extra below).
- Collection Sidequest: You need to collect 200 dog biscuits and 5 golden Paw Patrol logos per level.
- Cut-and-Paste Environments: A clear problem on some of the levels.
- Demoted to Extra: Ryder ended up suffering this fate. While the pup characters are all playable with their own abilities, he only appears as an Annoying Video-Game Helper.
- Double Jump: Present.
- Heroic Mime: On the PC version, at least, none of the playable dogs are voiced, and the only voice is that of a Ryder, who pretty much never shuts up to compensate.
- Jet Pack: One piece of a usable equipment.
- Mundane Utility: Marshall's suit is equipped with a fire hose, and while he does put out a fire with it once, he also uses it to wash some monkeys who got themselves into a mess.
- Strictly Formula: Each of the 16 levels follows the same approach, requiring the player to collect the same number of biscuits and emblems, and making it so that the first half is done by one pup, and the second by another, after they intervene to help clear some puzzle earlier on.