What sets Onslaught 2 apart from most other Tower Defence games is the large number of "combos" that your towers can perform. Adjacent towers at maximum power can execute a combo that does a ludicrous amount of damage to a large group of enemies, making it a key strategy to defeating opponents. Furthermore, there are also other towers that help to boost the ability of your towers.
Tropes used for this game:
- Awesome, but Impractical: The Black Hole combo may be a One-Hit Kill and all, but enemies defeated by it do not count towards kill score or resources, which is harmful in the long run.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: You face off against blue octopodes, red bugs, happy-faced stars, jetplanes, spaceships, yellow ranger heads, printer icons. Really, this game should receive a Let's Mock the Monsters due to the nonsensical nature of the Mooks.
- Combination Attack: The main selling point of the game are the combos that you can create with towers.
- Rail Gun: One of the "special" towers you can obtain.
- Static Stun Gun: The Taser Tower, which slows down enemies that it zaps.
- Nuke 'em: The Nuke combo, obviously.