1-2-Switch is a party game for the Nintendo Switch. The main aspect of the game are competitive mini-games that involves using motion controls - however, the focus is not on the system's screen, but rather on the eyes of your opponent. It was released on March 3rd, 2017, being a launch title for the system.
Its reveal trailer can be found here.
1-2-Switch provides examples of:
- Auto-Tune: The counting in "Runway" uses this effect.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: The premise of "Samurai Training".
- Beam-O-War: "Wizard" is composed entirely of this.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Gorilla minigame.
- Minigame Game: 28 minigames in total.
- Party Game: Team Battle mode is two teams taking turns playing mini-game on a board, a-la Mario Party.
- Quick Draw: "Quick Draw" (and "Fake Draw", by extension) involves the players pulling out their Joy-Cons after the announcer says "fire". The one who pulls it out faster wins.
- Safecracking: "Safe Crack". Obviously.
- Super Title 64 Advance: The word Switch in the title represents features in the game, but it's obviously also referring to the console it comes out on.
- Tech Demo Game: It exemplifies a number of the Switch's features ("HD rumble", motion control, IR camera, etc.) and its usage for multiplayer.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: The female gorilla, whose affections you have to win in the "Gorilla" minigame, wears a bow.