Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100-nin no Ouji-sama (100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams), or Yume 100 for short, is a iOS/Android mobile Puzzle-Otome game launched in year 2015 by GCrest, the same company that brought us its Spiritual Successor AkaSeka.
The game play format is a match-over-3 clearing game similar to Disney's Tsum Tsum, only that it features handsome princes note , and the different clearing skills of each prince. Therefore, tactical team formation of princes plays an important part to clear stages.
As the game garnered success around East and South Asia, GCrest teamed up with animation company, Satelight to adapt the game into an original net animation, which was released in 2017. To celebrate the game's 3rd anniversary, animation company, Project No.9 adapted the game into an anime television series which premiered on July 5, 2018, making it part of the Summer 2018 Anime lineup, while Sentai Filmworks have licensed the anime and will be streaming it on HIDIVE.
The television anime centers around a newly introduced prince named Kihel, whose lost all memories of himself aside for his given name. He encounters and tags along with the lead heroine aka. The Princess of Traumere, the princess butler Navi, and the poster-boy of Yume 100, Prince Avi of Alstoria on their quest to defeat dream-eaters in hopes to regain his memories and full identity.
Contains Examples Of:
- Alternative Calendar: The calendar in the game is the same as the 12-month Gregorian calendar, with the exception of the names which are all different.
- Ambiguous Time Period: The Main Story Part 1 and 2 have ambiguous time placing and though you can assume that Part 2 occurs after Part 1, the length of time between the two parts is unknown. In addition, the game events take place in an ambiguous time frame. Whether the events occur in a linear fashion or occur as a sort of alternate universe and whether they are in the same timeline as previous stories is unknown. Despite all this (including having the name of months being mentioned, having birthday versions of the princes and the fact that time should have passed over the course of the Main Story), most princes are still said to be the same age.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Over a hundred.
- Christmas Episode: Every December comes with the arrival of new winter-themed events including Christmas-themed events. Previous events have had the Heroine telling them about Santa Claus and how to make snow angels.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: The prince attributes are colour-coded; red for Passion, blue for Cool, green for Gentle, yellow for Cute and purple for Sexy. Each prince's attribute very loosely corresponds to their personality and does not change even with new event versions.
- Costume Porn: Unbelievably so.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Turmari, my god, Turmari.
- Halloween Episode: There is always at least one Halloween-themed event per year sometimes with a chance to obtain previous Halloween event reward princes.
- Hot Springs Episode: Some events would involve a trip to the hot springs of Kaiten.
- Little Bit Beastly: There are a few of these.
- An episode of the short anime centers on some of them, from the Country of Beastman.
- There are also some who are thousand-year-old magical beings who have forms like this. Both they and the previous set have furry forms as well as kemonomimi forms.
- Official Cosplay Gear: Replicas of the Prince Rings and the Princess Ring sold by Liefel.
- Officially Shortened Title: Yume100
- Only One Name: Nobody has a frigging last name in this game.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: The original name Yume Oukoku to Nemureru Hyakunin no Oujisama (夢王国と眠れる100人の王子様, "The Dream Kingdom and A Hundred Sleeping Princes") is quite a mouthful so many simply refer to it as Yume100. Even the creators do this.
- Prince Charming: There are a wide variety of types of princes, but all of them have at least a little of this.
- Requisite Royal Regalia: Especially in rarer cards, and in their awakened forms.
- Spiritual Successor: It comes in the form of AkaSeka, which can be summed up as "Yume100, only overly Japanese".
- Take Your Time: It is possible to get by through the game without playing any of the Main Story missions. It is also possible to play Main Story Part 2 before Part 1 so completing any of the stories is up to the player.
- Theme Naming: If two or more princes are from the same 'country', expect this to be going on.
- Winter Royal Lady: Genderbent with the Snowfilia brothers, Frost, Glacier, and Schnee.
- Valentine's Day Episodes: Every year, events themed around Valentine's Day happen. Though they're not referred to as Valentine's Day but 'Love's Day'.