Play as a tourist having a full-year vacation on Nusakana Island, on a mysterious invitation promising to tell you of your past. Taking advantage of your vacation allowance and thirst for an adventure, you decided to visit the island, unknowing what will you find there. Will it be a fun holiday or will it be a thrilling adventure? And what about the romance? Experience the bustling island with a cast of over 30 characters and 20 recruitable maiden party members, all based on different species of fish. Discover the secrets within its lush forest and tranquil waters, but beware of the danger lurking beyond its beauty!
This game makes use of the following tropes:
- Bare Your Midriff: The outfit of Molamola.
- Conveniently an Orphan: The protagonist was raised in an orphanage, and so when a letter inviting him to Nusakana Island to learn more about his past arrives, he's quick to jump on the offer.
- Cute Monster Girl: All the female party members are based on sea creatures, including Orca (whale) and Mako (shark)
- Dialogue Tree: You get to select conversation options in this manner.
- Encyclopedia Exposita: There's a whole in-game glossary, with plenty of information about the places surrounding Nusakana, and the events that took place in the world's backstory, like First and Second Continental Wars.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: The main character's portrait always has him wear a fishing hat that goes over his eyes.
- Eyepatch of Power: Orca, the guardian of Nusakana sea, has one over her right eye. In fact, it can even be swapped out for statistically stronger ones.
- Fishing Minigame: One of the activities to do the island, all the more so since you are a fisherman by trade. Be careful not to do it much when Orca is around though, since she is sworn to protect the sea!
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The male protagonist has no default name, and is asked to type up one in response to a question by Riri.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Consuming various foodstuffs restores a small portion of your HP.
- Improbable Weapon User: At the start of the game, your character's only weapon is a fishing rod, which doesn't work too well to say the least.
- In-Universe Game Clock: One is constantly running, and the same area is likely to have different creatures roaming about depending on whether it's night or day.
- Preexisting Encounters: All of the Nusakana's creatures wander around on the same map as you are. You can sneak up on them from behind to guarantee a pre-emptive attack, but they can also ambush you in the same manner.
- Unwanted Rescue: Pretty much as soon as you and Riri step onto an island, you notice another girl floating motionless on her back slightly off-shore. You get the choice to drag her to shore or ignore it; if you do the former, it turns out she could breathe underwater, and is angry you disturbed her nap!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The first possible companion, Riri, has pink hair.