Now that that's out of the way, Ninjatown is a Tower Defense game for the Nintendo DS, developed by Venan Entertainment released in 2008.
ADORABLE based on the "Wee Ninja" character by toy designer and former Electric Gaming Monthly editor Shawn Smith.
The town of Ninjatown, populated by Wee Ninja and their brethren, is at peace, until the local volcano Mt. Feroshi erupts and an army of demons led by Mr. Demon attacks. And he wants Ninjatown's famous Ninja Star Cookies! or more accurately he wants the recipe in order to flood the market with imitation cookies and take control of the island by devaluing the stocks of the ninja, according to the Business Ninja (yes, there are ninja in business ninja suits in this game).
It's not bad for a game based on plush toys and other merch, but it is horribly short and easy, or less short because you're stuck on some levels that you find ridiculously hard, depending on your ability for finding the best strategies. While the game may be simplistic to a fault and lacking in replay value, its tongue-in-cheek humor and colorful take on the tower defense system make it worth checking out.
This game provides adorable examples of:
- Authority in Name Only: The Mayor, who is rather like the Mayor in The Powerpuff Girls.
- Boring, but Practical: the basic Wee Ninja is very useful for its balanced stats and immunity to negative statuses.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: Failing a mission a few times will unlock Easy Mode for that mission, which can only reward the rank of "E"
- Elite Mooks: Area bosses are basically unique and more powerful versions of lesser demons.
- It's Easy, So It Sucks!: Actually not that easy, but not particularly hard, either (sans a few of those one levels).
- It's Short, So It Sucks!: The main criticism about this game. If you didn't get this game at budget price, you're going to feel a bit ripped off.
- Salary Man: An early type of Devil that moves fast becuase it has dranken a lot of coffee and is late for work.
- Shout-Out: What!? Over 9,000!?
- Squee: Just look at them, don't you wanna hug them and squeeze them and take them home???
- Treacherous Advisor: Actually NAMED Evil Advisor Ninja...