Nickelodeon Party Blast is a 2002 party video game developed by Data Design Interactive that was released for PC, Nintendo GameCube, and Xbox (a PlayStation 2 port was planned, but cancelled). Like most party games, it draws heavy influence from the Mario Party series and features various minigames.
The following Nickelodeon shows are represented in this game:
Shows & Characters
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBobnote
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius: Jimmy Neutronnote
- Rugrats: Tommy and Angelica Picklesnote
- Invader Zim: Zimnote
- Rocket Power: Otto and Reggie Rocketnote
- The Wild Thornberrys: Eliza Thornberry
- CatDog: CatDognote
This game provides examples of:
- Amusement Park: The first and final Squirt-N-Splash minigames take place in the EuroReptarland theme park.
- Birthday Episode: The final Pipe Challenge minigame takes place during Tommy's birthday party.
- Bottomless Pit Rescue Service: CatDog will rescue any player that falls into a bottomless pit during certain minigames. They also yank players out of the arena when they run out of health in the Food Fight minigames. Oddly enough, there can actually be up to three CatDogs in a minigame at once, since every player except the winner will get yanked away if they're still standing but have less points in the Food Fight or Squirt-N-Splash minigames.
- Burger Fool: The first Food Fight minigame takes place in the Krusty Krab, while the second Food Fight minigame takes place in MacMeaties.
- First Town: The second racing minigame takes place in the streets and suburbs of Retroville.
- Gangplank Galleon: The second Squirt-N-Splash stage takes place on and around an abandoned shipwreck near Downtown Bikini Bottom.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: Invader Zim appears as a playable character, despite being a Villain Protagonist who wants to take over Earth in his home series.
- Jungle Japes: The first and final Racing minigames, the final Food Fight minigame, and the third Squirt-N-Splash minigames take place in a jungle.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Between several Nicktoons series.
- My Rules Are Not Your Rules: The Squirt-N-Splash boss minigame is played against both Dib and Gaz. As if dealing with a 2-to-1 matchup wasn't hard enough as-is, they run on different rules from the player: if the player character falls off the main platform or into any of the holes in the centre of the arena, they'll lose the challenge instantly, but if Dib or Gaz fall off anywhere, they'll merely respawn a second later. To actually get them to stay down, they have to be knocked off approximately 20 times in totalnote .
- Off-Model: Dib's in-game model lacks irises, making it look like he has Blank White Eyes instead. Bizarrely, the image for his boss minigame actually does depict him with irises, and it looks much closer to his actual appearance as a result.
- Palmtree Panic: The first and final Roll-A-Ball minigames take place in Ocean Shores.
- Power Up Letdown: Considering how difficult it is to get a full GOOOZE meter to begin with, the actual GOOOZE power-up is actually surprisingly weak. The idea is that collecting all six letters is supposed to buff your character to be extremely powerful for a short time, with invincibility and the ability to shoot powerful globs of GOOOZE at your opponents. The main problem, however, is that it doesn't seem to have been playtested properly: the invincibility works just fine, but the GOOOZE doesn't actually deal any damage to opponents and doesn't earn the player any points for hitting them with it while removing their ability to attack normally, ensuring it's actually more of a glorified Invincibility Power-Up that turns the player into a Stone Wall than the game-changer it was presumably supposed to be.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The third Racing minigame takes place on a snowy mountain, as do the secret clam soccer minigames.
- Temple of Doom: The third Roll-A-Ball minigame takes place in the ruins of a Southeast Asian temple.