Taking place sometime after Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, the player controls another modern day character instead of the Stranger. The new character is tasked by Yeesha, daughter of Atrus and Catherine, with restoring the power of the D'ni. To do that you must unlock the power of the Tablet, which will allow the D'ni to control a Slave Race known as the Bahro. To unlock the Tablet, the player has to travel to four Ages and collect four slates. Along the way the player is advised by Esher, another member of the D'ni, to not trust Yeesha.
Tropes in Myst V: End of Ages
- Artifact Title: Unlike the previous three numbered games, Myst Island does make an appearence, in one of the bad endings.
- Beastly Bloodsports: Laki'ahn was originally a "sport" age, where the natives, known as the Kresh, would fight gladiatorially against shark-like sea creatures called Laki for the entertainment of a D'ni audience.
- Covers Always Lie: A minor case since the cover seen in the page image implies that K'veer and Noloben are part of the same Age (though one could argue that it is more a case of Artistic License and is not deliberately misleading).
- Dimensional Traveler: Yeesha, the Bahro and Escher can all link at will. Escher gains the ability from a squicky source: he wears a Bahro skin over his shoulder.
- Elemental Powers: The Bahro can alter Age states to bring about specified environmental changes. In particular, in this game they can waken underground geysers to heat up a frozen world, summon gale winds or rainclouds, and even greatly increase the passage of time.
- Fungus Humongous: Direbo
- Hub Level: Direbo, once the bridge gates are unlocked, offers quick access to four parts of D'ni as well as the four quest ages.
- Go Back to the Source: K'veer.
- Inn Between the Worlds: Direbo, a rest age that could be visited by travelers on the outskirts of D'ni.
- Mission Control Is Off Its Meds: Esher.
- Palette Swap: The planet Todelmer orbits is a ringed, cloudless, colder recolor of Venus.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Bahro fear the snakes of Noloben.
- Save Token: Your camera, which saves the game every time you take a picture.
- Slave Race: The Bahro until you free them.
- Symbol Drawing Interface: The Bahro slates.
- Time Skip: The game takes place around 200 years after Revelation.
- Torture Cellar: Escher's "lab" in Noloben, though the actual torture area is at ground level.
- Treacherous Advisor: Esher is one. Yeesha as well, to a lesser extent; she doesn't deliberately mislead, but listening just to her side of the story may lead to mistakes