My Pet Protector is a series of three games created by Undefined for Kongregate and Armor Games in which you raise an apprentice before they reach a certain age. While the best way to raise one is to send them to explore dungeons, they can also train skills in school, do jobs for money, and lose stress while resting.
The first installment was released in 2009, the second in 2010 and the third in 2012. Compare with Arkandian Legends, a series of different role playing games by the same developer.
- Gameplay Automation: The third game streamlines the combat by having the player attack automatically.
- Multiple Endings: The apprentice may end with many different professions at the end, depending on how you raised them.
- Pacifist Run: It is possible to raise the apprentice without having them fight anything in dungeons.
- Rainbow Pimp Gear: The equipment with the best stats may not always look good together.
- Stat Grinding: There are no traditional levels, only stats go up.
- Street Urchin: One of the possible backgrounds for the apprentice in I. It raises their skills but starts them with no money.
- Timed Mission: Trying to get the apprentice to the best shape possible before they reach a certain age. Though you can continue in free play after they do, but you won't earn achievements after that point.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The apprentice in I and II has the entire hex color palette to choose for their hair color.