Designed by WayForward as part of a series that includes Mighty Flip Champs! and Mighty Switch Force!, Mighty Milky Way is a puzzle-action game where French-speaking green martian girl Luna jumps in space evading red, blob-like Mooks and occasionally running away from a T-Rex who shoot lasers, and in cutscenes also appears to be her husband.
Each level you jump from planet to planet to your destination — the black hole. You can only move in one direction while walking on the planet, so you have to time your jump to reach next planet. If you have some candies around you — you can create new planets. The trailer is here.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Luna, who still has to avoid random enemies and other obstacles on her way to her goal.
- Anime Theme Song: Not exactly Japanese, but it might as well be. It was voiced using the Megurine Luka Vocaloid, after all.
- Animal Mecha: The recurring boss of each world is a cartoonish cyborg T. rex.
- Baby Planet: Planet candies allow Luna to create planets (and bubbles) that can be used as platforms, shields, or whatever is necessary to complete the current level.
- Bilingual Bonus: If you can understand French, Luna's actual character becomes obvious, which makes the ending rather inevitable.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: The adorable green alien you control in every level? A genocidal maniac that cheerfully destroys planets and had her eyes set on Earth the entire time!
- But Thou Must!: When asked if you want to see the tutorial again, your options are "Yes" and "Very Yes". Either way, the game just points out the options planet to you.
- Dark Reprise: Beating the game nets you a somber version of the main theme. For good reason.
- Downer Ending: Congratulations, you helped Luna blow up the earth! Cue sad rendition of the title theme.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: It's how Luna gets around. And at the end of the game, she even does this to the trope's namesake as her ultimate mission.
- Energy Weapons: In boss levels, a T. rex destroys planets under you with lasers.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Parodied. If you understand what Luna says, you'll notice the one-liners she gives are quite negative despite her cheerful exterior. You can read the translations from the French here.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: T. rex and Luna are mortal enemies in-game but are hinted to be in a relationship in cutscenes.
- My God, What Have I Done?: You have Luna destroy Earth in the final stage, causing the T. rex to cry. The button that goes to the credits is even labelled "what have i done?!"
- Green Hill Zone: The second world has grassy planets and a cloudy blue sky.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Luna is a cute green female alien with Hartman Hips.
- Lethal Lava Land: The fourth world is fire-themed.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The T. rex is a robot dinosaur who shoots lasers out of his eyes.
- Nintendo Hard: Many of the later stages dive into this; the extra mode Time Bomb Mode—which you unlock by beating the game—is this completely.
- Obviously Evil: Even if you can't speak French, Luna's true nature should be obvious considering she travels around by destroying random planets.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: During the T. rex levels. And the credits, which reuse part of that theme.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Luna has them in the end after destroying Earth, coupled with a Slasher Smile.
- Shout-Out: Luna has posters of Alta from Mighty Flip Champs! in her bedroom.
- Under the Sea: The third world is water-themed. The planets Luna travels through are all aquatic in appearance.
- Villain Protagonist: Though when you think about it, blowing up planets is the main objective, so this shouldn't be all that surprising, right?
- Wham Episode: The final stage, which is rather underwhelming compared to the one immediately before it, has rather somber music leading to a planet that looks like Earth, which Luna destroys. Turns out, it WAS the Earth and destroying it was her ultimate mission. You've been playing the villain for the entire game, and the T. rex was trying to stop her from destroying what is assumed to be his home planet.
- Wham Line: "Congratulations, you've helped Luna complete her ultimate mission - DESTROY EARTH!!"