The Dreamworks Animation film Megamind had a tie-in video game that continued the storyline. It was followed by Megamind: Mega Team Unite.
- Absentee Actor: Metro Man is nowhere to be seen, even though he was credited in the credits.
- Big Bad: Blue Tighten.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: The Doom Syndicate.
- Blue Is Heroic: Now that Megamind became the new hero of Metro City, he is considered this.
- Canon Foreigner: A downplayed example. Destruction Worker, Psycho Delic and Hot Flash originated from an early version of the film.
- Co-Op Multiplayer: In the game, the second player can play as a Brainbot.
- Down the Drain: The Psycho Delic levels.
- Drop-In-Drop-Out Multiplayer: The second player can join in and quit at any time.
- Mook: Destruction Worker, Psycho Delic and Hot Flash have their own brand of mooks.
- Multi-Platform: The game is made for the PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS and PSP.
- In Name Only: The game's plot takes place after the film.
- It's Up to You: Megamind is required to defeat the Doom Syndicate and Blue Tighten.
- Plot Coupon: Blue Tighten's DNA, which serve as clues to where Blue Tighten is.