After the End of the world and all of humanity has died, the planet itself is torn apart and its materials were used to construct a large tower that reached the heavens and became a nest for angels and demons.
In this new world, humans are unable to pass on and reside in this world as tortured souls that drift aimlessly throughout the tower's floors. These souls have one of two choices; lose their individuality and become an energy source for demons and angels or conceive a reason, regain their bodies, gather followers, and fight to shape this new world against any and all other reasons, risking being damned for all eternity in the abyss.
The story follows a young girl named Midori who recently regained her body and finds herself in this new world, but unlike other humans that have regained their bodies, she has yet to conceive a reason. This is the story her survival in this new world as she fights against other humans' reasons and gathers followers who belong to no reason and wish only to survive in this crazy world of demons, angels, and humans mad with power.
The story is apart of the Fantasy Chronicles and can be read here: http://thefantasychronicles.deviantart.com/gallery/37658015
List of games with this title:
- Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible (Game Boy, Game Gear)
- Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible II (Game Boy, Game Boy Color)
- Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special (Game Gear)
Tropes found in Megami Tensei Gaiden:
- After the End: This story takes place after a biblical apocalypse, when humanity has fallen and all remnants of their society have disappeared.
- Dialogue Tree: Features these to help further capture the feel of an actual rpg.
- Gaiden Game: Stylized as one for the Shin Megami Tensei series.
- Humans Are Special: In this world, only humans have the ability to conceive reasons and by extension, become the new god.
- Humans Are Warriors: Judging by Jack Frost's reaction to finding a human and stating that human fighting to establish their reason, leaving the world he lives in a state of constant war and chaos.
- Naked on Revival: Midori and presumably all humans when they regain their bodies.
- Silent Protagonist: Like most entries in the Shin Megami Tensei series, Midori remains voiceless.
- Übermensch: Any human who develops a reason as they fight to establish their own morality as law and become the god of the world they wish to shape and guide.