The game's protagonist is Me, a girl that dreams by listening to her stereo and explores said dreams. Me manages to be different from many Yume Nikki fangames with the occasional dialogue and an alternative collectible that unlocks e-mails that hint at a deeper story.
Tropes found in this work:
- Arc Welding: Me is explicitly connected to Somnium, another Yume Nikki fangame by the same creator.
- Art Shift: Like Yume Nikki, some areas have art styles that are completely different from the standard. Even a Space Funeral art style.
- Ax-Crazy: While this trait is seen as speculation for most other Yume Nikki related protagonists, the game along with the character blog greatly implies Me to be this.
- Blinding Bangs: Me, in contrast to the other characters having Eyes Always Shut
- Bloodier and Gorier: There's a lot of blood and gore; it stands out from the other Bloodier and Gorier game dotflow in that Me is comparatively brighter.
- Body Horror: Some of the effects, especially the "Orifice" one.
- Distaff Counterpart: Thomas, the protagonist of Somnium and Me's neighbor that occasionally appears in her dreams.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: There are a lot of places eyes don't belong in.
- Goth: Me's outfit hints at something like this
- Meaningful Name: "Me" can be read as "eye" and there are plenty of eyes
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Implied, by Me's official ask blog and the game
- One of the areas is a shoutout to Tanetane Island from MOTHER 3.
- An art gallery has references to other Yume Nikki fangames, as well as Mega Man Robot Masters.
- The Stoic: Outside of the effects, Me mostly has neutral expression.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Me, in contrast to some of the other Yume Nikki fangame characters (i.e Urostuki and Usotsuki has blonde hair, Sabitsuki has white, and Toristuki, Chie, and Miserere's unnamed protagonist has brown hair),