Martian Mixtape is an absurdly ambitious full overhaul mod for Friday Night Funkin' by HThagomizer, currently featuring 4 weeks with new antagonists to match. Go up against a neurotic alien, an FBI agent, an alien's skeleton(????), and a weirdo conspiracy theorist in a brand new JAMMING set of weeks!
The mod originally released in May of 2021, with only the first week added. The other three all dropped at once in July of 2021, alongside a refurbished week 1.
Song List:Week 1: Martian Mixtape (ft. Xigmund)
Week 2: Man in Black (ft. FBI Agent)
Week 3: Boneyard Bash (ft. undead Xigmund)
- Spinal Tap
Week 4: I Don't Want to Believe (ft. Harold the conspiracy theorist)
- Exclusion Zone
This mod provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: The name of the conspiracy theorist appears to be Harold, but you'd only know this through looking at his spritesheet in the assets folder.
- Anal Probing: Referenced by the first week's second song's name, "Probed".
- Ascended Fanon: Annihilation is directly based on a video exploring a version of Annihilation-LOL where Xigmund, in its own words, "doesn't commit die".
- Back from the Dead: Week 3 is all about the resurrected Xigmund after his seemingly-fatal red braining in "Annihilation-LOL".
- Bonus Boss: "Annihilation", minus the LOL, as you won't be laughing out loud when you try to beat it. You're not even allowed to play it on a difficulty below hard: try it and you immediately fail, helpfully being told to raise the difficulty.
- Conspiracy Theorist: The opponent for the fourth week, complete with a Tinfoil Hat.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: If you try to play a difficulty below hard on Annihilation, you get blueballed the second your turn comes up, calling you a coward and telling you to raise the difficulty to hard.
- Guest Fighter: The FBI agent is actually owned by the Behemoth and is not an OC like Xigmund or Harold.
- Martians: The titular martian is Xigmund.
- Mind over Matter: Xigmund has Psychic Powers and uses them to hold his mic during the later songs of Week 1.
- Mirror Boss: Similar to Tabi in "Genocide" but heavily downplayed, the Agent in Week 2 pushes Boyfriend's meter back as long as he has over 50%.
- Must Have Caffeine: From Itch onwards, the Conspiracy theorist can be seen holding a cup of coffee, and judging by his twitchy movements it's safe to say he's probably this trope. He even takes a swig both before "Itch" and during "Exclusion Zone".
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The third week's opponent is an undead Xigmund, or in other words, a singing skeletal martian.
- The Men in Black: You face one of these as the opponent for week 2, with even the name of the week being called "Men in Black".
- Little Green Men: Xigmund zigzags the trope, as while he is green he is also tall.
- No-Dialogue Episode: One of the big things setting this mod apart from the others is its lack of Week 6-esque textboxes. While it does have cutscenes, these aren't voiced either (such as, say, the ones in Week 7), and songs go right from one to the next. Despite this, a clear narrative can be formed if you pay attention to the sprites of the characters as they sing.
- Not So Stoic: While the Agent appears to be emotionless during his battle, when you're beating him he starts to waver in notice of your performance.
- Oh, Crap!: If you do well enough in Week 2, the Agent will lose his cool and begin to panic during his turns.
- Super-Power Meltdown: Xigmund gets a bad dose of this in "Annihilation LOL", and is in fact the only opponent faced, either in other mods or in the base game, to MISS his notes and get his own version of Blueballs. You do get a legitimate version of the song in freeplay known as Annihilation, but it's telling when it's scroll speed is 3.5 rather then LOL's 5.
- Take That!: To bad charting with Annihilation LOL, being bad enough the even Xigmund can't keep up.
- Turns Red: Parodied. Xigmund unleashes the full extent of his psychokinetic powers right after "Brainfuck", but can't handle it and redbrains himself during "Annihilation-LOL".
- There is a legitimate version called "Annihilation", minus LOL, as a Bonus Boss, playing the trope straight.
- Zero-Effort Boss: "Annihilation-LOL" parodies the "Whitty Syndrome" of other mods by having a song so absurdly fast and hard that Xigmund himself can't hit the notes right, failing (complete with red-braining spoofing the Game Over screen) before you even get a turn. The only way to lose is to disable ghost tapping and mash the keys, and even then he loses more bar than you do so losing is harder than winning. However, the 2.0 update DOES add a second version of it as a Bonus Boss.