Mario Endgame is a hack of Super Mario World, and a rather infamous one at that.
This game provides examples of:
- Extreme Graphical Representation: This hack had some pretty cool graphics.
- Fake Difficulty: This game is mostly hard for the wrong reasons.
- Nintendo Hard: Mario Endgame in a nutshell.
- Obvious Beta: Mario Endgame suffers from this majorly. If it wasn't so darn buggy and so overly difficult, it could've been okay, or even great.
- Shout-Out: A major example of this, shout outs to the Mario series, Castlevania shout outs, Romancing Saga shout outs, you name it.