The 2013 Adobe Flash Web Game tie-in to Man of Steel, subtitled "Metropolis Mayhem".
The game contains examples of:
- 2½D: Makes dodging laser barriers that much harder.
- Camera Screw: Moves up and down at random intervals and sometimes objects obscure the view.
- Corridor Cubbyhole Run: Some laser barriers turn off at regular intervals, which ironically makes the game harder as it makes them almost impossible to see until it is too late and they reactivates right before you hit them. This also renders them impossible to hit with heat vision.
- Difficulty by Acceleration
- Endless Running Game
- Everything Is Trying to Kill You: Including the billboards. And the ground.
- Fake Difficulty: How come the same items could be non-interactive scenery and killer obstacles at the same time!?
- Flying Firepower: Other than flight, Superman only demonstrates his heat vision used to demolish obstacles.
- Invincible Villain: The helicopters and alien dropships fire missiles and energy blasts at you, but they are immune to your heat vision.
- Loads and Loads of Loading: For such a simple game it takes a very long time to load. Note that the game automatically starts upon loading is complete.
- Macross Missile Massacre: From the helicopter.
- Mercy Invincibility
- Super-Persistent Missile: Helicopters fire homing missiles that fly faster than Superman, can curve out of the screen and back to hit you and will continue to chase you even after missing several times. Sometimes they last so long they could still be after you when the helicopter stage has ended and you are back to dodging laser barriers and water tanks.