Malediction is a freeware 3D Third-Person Puzzle Platformer game by Desert Beagle Studios. It was released for PC through Steam on December 31st, 2019.
Morgan is an impulsive, eager wizard whose experiments often get him into trouble. And boy, oh boy, this latest one of his has landed him into a real doozy. A cloning experiment of his has backfired, and a whole bunch of magical clones of himself have run off. Worse, each one of them had a piece of his magic, so now his own has been greatly weakened. Now, armed with what little he has left, Morgan needs to track down his magic clones and retrieve his powers.
Malediction contains examples of:
- Big "NO!": Shouted by the first clone right after his defeat, as he realizes he missed his chance to potentially avoid it by turning back time.
- Cloning Blues: Morgan's cloning experiment creates clones of himself, each with a bit of his magic. He has to track them down to get it back.
- Crate Expectations: The first (easily navigated) obstacle is a huge stack of crates that completely blocks off an alley, which even Morgan is forced to lampshade.Hey, who leaves a bunch of crates in an alley?
- Deadpan Snarker: Morgan, who often pokes fun at the genre conventions. When he is instructed to consume an x-ray potion to reveal things behind the walls, for instance, he questions the logic of drinking from some bottle that was just left behind on the ground.
- Energy Ball: Morgan's clones typically attack him with these, done in their colors.
- Explosive Barrels: Here, spiky, explosive barrels are actually an early enemy type, as they merrily roll towards you thanks to a skull directing them. However, Morgan can easily push them backwards, and thus result in them exploding against something else. Doing so is often necessary to prevail during the boss fights.
- Mind over Matter: Morgan may have lost a lot of his powers to his clones, but he still retains full control of telekinesis and is able to easily toss stuff around.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Morgan's outfit, although his robe is considerably shorter than the canonical examples so as not to impede him from running and platforming with the best of them.
- Suspiciously Cracked Wall: Cracked walls are easily broken through when Morgan tosses some heavy environmental object at them.
- Technicolor Magic: Morgan is a wizard whose clothing is done entirely in shades of purple.
- Time Master: Morgan receives time manipulation powers after defeating his first clone. He can rewind time, and create "time dilation bubbles" which slow down time for anything that enters it (besides Morgan).
- X-Ray Vision: Morgan can see objects on the other side of walls (which appear as a magic aura) if he drinks a literal x-ray potion beforehand.