Magical Days the Brats' Parade or MagiDay is a fantasy mobile phone Otome Game developed by Cybird and released in December 2016. It lasted for 2 years before its service was terminated in January 2019.
In a World where magic is a legitimate school subject and evil forces known as "Vipers" abound since thousands of years ago, the unnamed protagonist receives an admission letter to the pretigious Felix Academy where she then attends with a bunch of good-looking guys and joins the wizards on the battle against evil.
This page provides information on the story, setting as well as mechanics. All tropes pertaining to specific characters go on the character sheets.
These tropes are of a future shone upon by the One Splendor:
- Blue Blood: According to Ciel, the Jade House which he is the Prefect of is noble-only.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys/The Smurfette Principle: Aside from the heroine, there are no female characters in the recurring cast despite the academy's not stated to be an all-boy school. Justified in that this is an otome game.
- Cats Are Magic: The loading bar is the silhouette of a walking cat.
- Charged Attack: Just attacking in general: the more tiles, the stronger.
- The charging and use of special skills: each character comes with a special skill gauge that will be filled when a certain number of tiles matching their card elements is cleared. Once it's filled, the skill is available for use.
- The "Fever Mode" that will be activated once you clear enough tiles to fill the Fever gauge at the bottom of the screen. During this mode, you can simply tap rapidly on clusters of similarly-colored tiles on the board to clear them, clearing a large number and greatly increasing attack power as a result.
- The Chosen One: The heroine, being the one who holds the One Splendor, receives an admission letter into Felix Academy that, being penned by Ricardo, reads like it's written by someone who doesn't know how to write a letter."We're really, reaaally looking forward to having you! We're gonna cry if you don't arrive, okay?"
- Chromatic Arrangement: The three Houses of the school are color-coded this way, with Ruber (red), Lapis (blue) and Jade (green).
- Match-Three Game: Or rather connect-three; the game has a chain puzzle mechanic in which you connect together three or more adjacent tiles in order to clear them and power attacks.
- New Transfer Student: The heroine and Leon who entered the school 3 days before she does.
- No Pronunciation Guide: The characters' names are the only things given official romanization. Everything else, from the name of the school, the Houses and the kingdom itself, is not.
- Officially Shortened Title: MagiDay (マジデ)
- Orphaned Series: The game was closed on January 25, 2019.
- Otome Game
- Our Vampires Are Different: All vampires in this universe are Ill Boys and do not have blood types.
- Race Against the Clock: Once you start connecting tiles, you're only given 10 seconds per turn.
- Random Number God: The game has a Summoning mechanic that you can use to gain cards, but as usual for this mechanic, the cards have rarity values (stars) that dictate how often they show up in summoning.
- Shout-Out: Seeing as this game is set in a Wizarding School in a heavily Europe-inspired setting, references to Harry Potter is to be expected.
- Two-Teacher School: The school only has 2 recurring teacher characters, Yoichi and Claus.
- We All Live in America: The game has a heavily Europe-like setting and the school has a House system, but has three years like a Japanese junior-high/high school.
- Wizarding School: The game's setting, the Felix Academy of Magic. There are also students from another school, the Gloria Academy.