One year ago, Jonathan Moon's wife Amanda mysteriously disappeared. One evening, Jonathan receives a strange letter sent by Amanda herself, revealing where she's held and that she left some clues and objects to help Jonathan rescue her. Now, Jonathan must sneak inside the creepy Yelverton estate, which is the headquarter of a apocalyptic sex cult, which is then revealed to be related to another dimension...
The game is played in first-person, with puzzles and stealth sequences (Jonathan can't fight and must avoid or flee enemies). It is also notorious for being very sexually explicit.
Another game set in the same universe and named Lust From Beyond is being developed.
This video game provides examples of:
- Achievement Mockery:
- There's an achievement for looking at the fourth level's orgy for 10 minutes. The scene is very short, linear, features no exploration at all, and ends after activating the only interactable item in the level, so getting the achievement means the player spent 10 minutes staring at animated NPCs doing dirty stuff (completing the level normally is much, much faster than 10 minutes).
- There's also separate achievements earned by dying during the game (one for being caught by the cultists, one for dying inside the Lusst'ghaa dimension, and one for wearing the mask long enough to become insane).
- Adult Fear:
- Having your spouse mysteriously disappear.
- Getting kidnapped while being pregnant, being forcibly aborted by your kidnapper, then bearing his child.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Downplayed. There's plenty of nudity, both genders have nipples apparent. Men genitals are fully modeled, but there's no female genitals at all. There's also no pubic hair.
- Bittersweet Ending: Jonathan manages to save Amanda, but learns that 1) she was pregnant when she was kidnapped and 2) she lost the baby during her captivity.
- Cosmic Horror Story: An alternate dimension full of brainwashed being and a cult attempting to merge it with our own dimension through a sacrifice. Jonathan managed to thwart the plan, but the dimension still exist and the victim of the planned sacrifice is still alive...
- Dressing as the Enemy: Amanda manages to sneak robes and a mask in the garden of Yelverton estate, allowing Jonathan to blend among the other cultists.
- Evil Is Visceral: The Lusst'ghaa dimension looks like something taken straight of H. R. Giger's work.
- Extremely Short Timespan: Apart the first and last levels (respectively one year earlier and two years later), the whole game happens during a single night.
- Gotta Catch Them All: The game contains "Side Stories', 15 collectibles adding background information to the setting, sorted in 3 thematic collections named "Yelverton's Legacy", "Cult of Ecstasy", and "Arcanes of Lusst'ghaa". You gain an achievement for gettin each 5 parts of a Side Story, then another achievement once you gained all of them.
- Human Sacrifice: The Cult of Ecstasy intends to perform one to merge our Earth with the Lusst'ghaa dimension, and the right victim is the descendant of "a Seeing" (Harriet Yelverton). Willard Yelverton eventual intended to sacrificate a baby he had after impregnated Amanda, who also related to the family.
- Mask of Power:
- Wearing the mask found in the Lusst'ghaa dimension allows to seen normally invisible things, materialize bridges (which you can walk on to cross empty spaces), open special doors, or obtain the "Arcanes of Lusst'ghaa" Side Stories.
- Near the end of the game, you have to wear a special mask found in the Lusst'ghaa dimension to force a monster to flee.
- Meaningful Name: A dimension of eternal sex named "Lusst'ghaa". A group of cultists can be overheard discussing the matter, stating that the word "lust" was created from the dimensions' name.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: You're immediately sent to the previous checkpoint if you're busted by the cultists or die in the Lusst'ghaa dimension.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: Orgy scenes with the Lacrimosa in background.
- Sequel Hook: While Willard gets killed at the end, the baby that was supposed to be sacrificed to summon the Lusst'ghaa dimension is still alive.
- Stealth-Based Mission: Jonathan must sneak and avoid guards and cultists until he gets the cultist disguise (the sequence is short, as getting said disguise is the first thing Jonathan does once he enters the estate's garden). There's later a much shorter stealth sequence, when Willard takes Jonathan's mask (the goal is then to find another mask). Jonathan keeps his robe and thus can approach enemies closer before being spotted.