Lost Soul Aside an Indie action game by online South Korean animator Bing Yang, who originally created the game as a test, before deciding to make a full fledged game. The concept was inspired by the initial version of Final Fantasy XV and its teleportation mechanics. Bing Yang would use these mechanics as a template for a Stylish Action RPG that he first showed off with a trailer in August of 2016. The internet was very impressed, to the point where Sony and Epic Games both contacted him to help work on the project. He took the sum of money from Sony in exchange for making it a timed exclusive on the PS4, and was given a small team to help work with it. Bing initially aimed for a release sometime in 2018, but retracted his claim later on due to development taking longer than expected. As of August 2019, it was revealed that the main build of the game is now the team's main focus, meaning that a 2020 release is very likely.
Tropes for the game include:
- Air Jousting
- Alien Sky: One with two moons.
- Cool Mask: A shiny black one worn by the blonde character, which covers the bottom half of his face
- Cool Sword: The sword wielded by the playable character leaves a blue afterglow.
- Flash Step
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: The stone figure boss in the trailer.
- High-Pressure Blood: From the monsters.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: The protagonist's companion is a crystal-like dragon named Arena.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: The main character states as much in the first trailer that he isn't fighting to save the world, but rather to save himself.
- Sword Beam: Performed by the blonde character in the 2016 trailer.
- Vagueness Is Coming: In the 2016 trailer, the playable character mentions that "a new war is coming."