The internet was very impressed, to the point where Sony and Epic Games both contacted him to help work on the project. He took the sum of money from Sony in exchange for making it a timed exclusive on the PS4, and was given a small team to help work with it. Bing initially aimed for a release sometime in 2018, but retracted his claim later on due to development taking longer than expected. As of August 2019, it was revealed that the main build of the game is now the team's main focus, meaning that a 2020 release is very likely.
Tropes in this work include:
- Air Jousting: The gameplay demo shows Kazer capable of sweeping enemies off their feet with his attacks, and keeping them suspended in mid-air when keeping up a combo counter.
- Alien Sky: Trailers show that the game's world has a sky with two moons.
- Cool Mask: A shiny black one covers the bottom half of Ventas' face, in contrast with his blonde hair.
- Combos: The 2017 gameplay trailer shows a combo counter that keeps count of the successive attacks.
- Everything Fades: The 2017 gameplay trailer shows that the monsters defeated by Kazer are cut apart into a few small red chunks, and then they (and a small blood pool left where the monster was) all fade away within a few seconds.
- Flash Step: The 2016 trailer showed Ventas perform it during combat, and the 2017 gameplay demo demonstrated Kazer doing the same, while always leaving a purple afterglow behind.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: The stone figure boss in the 2017 gameplay trailer has eyes glowing bright blue.
- High-Pressure Blood: Gameplay demo shows the monsters spurt one when struck with the swords.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Kazer's companion is a crystal-like dragon named Arena.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: The main character states as much in the first trailer that he isn't fighting to save the world, but rather to save himself.
- Sword Beam: Performed by Ventas in the 2016 trailer.
- Sword Lines: Gameplay trailer shows that sword wielded by Kazer leaves a blue afterglow whenever it's swung.
- Three-Point Landing: Kazer does one at the start of the 2017 gameplay demo.
- Vagueness Is Coming: In the 2016 trailer, the playable character mentions that "a new war is coming."