Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny have a nasty surprise waiting for them when they emerge from their underground homes. Their valuable carrot patch is totally empty! Who could have possibly stolen them? The trail left by the crook leads the duo to a studio, where Bugs' ever eternal archfoes Yosemite Sam, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, and others await. Could they have something to do with the missing carrots? Of course they do! It's up to Bugs and Lola to take them down and recover their stolen carrots.
This game is a 2D platformer where you have to run and jump through levels in Bugs and Lola's search for the stolen carrots. The two characters have their own unique abilities well-suited for each situation, and can be switched between them with the Select Button. Knowing which character to use to conquer obstacles and puzzles is required.
Level structure is linear, but in order to complete the level and to tie into the studio theme, players have to find four pieces of a clapperboard to end the level.
Looney Tunes: Carrot Crazy contains examples of:
- Advancing Boss of Doom: Boss stages are set up like this, with the enemy character of the level chasing after Bugs with a vehicle to chase him down, then engaging him in a final showdown.
- Big Bad: One for each level.
- Stage 1: Yosemite Sam.
- Stage 2: Daffy Duck.
- Stage 3: Taz the Tasmanian Devil.
- Stage 4: Marvin the Martian.
- Stage 5: Elmer Fudd.
- Carry a Big Stick: Bugs smashes enemies with his hammer.
- Construction Zone Calamity: Stage 2. Daffy Duck's Crazy Town. Bugs and Lola have to brave high platforms, pits of hot tar, disgruntled bricklayers, and Sylvester dropping harmful items from building windows.
- Escaped Animal Rampage: Taz's version of the Advancing Boss of Doom. At times, the stampede will gain speed and Bugs will have to hop on balloons and use a bicycle to keep away from the rampage.
- Falling Damage: Falling from a high platform is extremely dangerous, as it results in instant death. Lola's umbrella aids in avoiding this.
- Hearts Are Health: Measured by five of them. Oddly enough, you're given a Last Chance Hit Point when it's empty.
- Hilarity in Zoos: Stage 3. Taz's Zoo.
- Killer Gorilla: Gruesome Gorilla appears in Taz's Zoo as gruesome and territorial as ever which he shows by throwing coconuts at the player's hares.
- The Lost Woods: The fifth and final level (Elmer Fudd's Forest) is actually Bugs and Lola's natural habitat and the most fitting for Elmer in his most iconic role as a hunter.
- Palmtree Panic: Stage 1 is Yosemite Sam's level, Treasure Island.
- Parasol Parachute: Lola's umbrella slows her descent when falling, and is very helpful for avoiding instant-death Falling Damage.
- Respawning Enemies: You can knock an enemy out but they'll be back up in action after a while.
- Rolling Pin of Doom: Lola's weapon of choice for fighting enemies.
- Space Zone: Stage 4. Marvin the Martian's Space Station.
- Squashed Flat: Daffy attempts to do this to Bugs in his boss stage, as he chases him with a steamroller.
- Swap Fighter: Bugs and Lola act as a swap duo player character. Only Bugs can tunnel through soft earth to bypass solid walls while Lola can exploit her Heli-Critter ears to attain extra horizontal distance when jumping. There is no way to win the game with just one character exclusively.