Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ is a Rail Shooter made by companies Enjoy Up and Gammick for the Nintendo DS in 2008. It is quite possibly one of the strangest and most inventive titles for the system, and not just for its title.
The story: since Little Red Riding Hood and the Woodcutter had killed the Big Bad Wolf, everything went along nicely in the Fairy Tale kingdom... but then something happened. The Woodcutter died and a mysterious plague began infecting the residents of the kingdom, turning them into zombies or mindless monstrosities. Red then, along with her friend Momotaro from the Japanese folktales, decided to stop this Zombie Apocalypse at all costs!
The game provides examples of:
- Animesque - This game surely comes from Japan, does it? ...Nope, it's Spanish!
- Bad Santa - He's one of the bosses.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot - Naked zombie Santa on a flying robotic sleigh.
- Blob Monster - The blobs in stage 5, when you shoot them they act like an Asteroids Monster.
- Creepy Doll - Some enemies are giggling, floating dolls that teleport over you.
- Crosshair Aware - During the fight against the Three Little Pigs' tank.
- Dirty Communists - The Three Little Pigs have turned into this, for all intents and purposes. They attack with a Sinister Scythe, Chainsaw and some kind of high-tech wall mechanism/tank.
- Fanservice - Every time Red crouches while standing still, she'll show her panties.
- Flung Clothing - At the beginning of every level, Red Riding Hood throws away her red cape.
- Fractured Fairy Tale - Oh yeah.
- Goggles Do Nothing - Momotaro's fashion choice, keeping with the Animesque setting.
- Graphics-Induced Super-Deformed
- Grievous Harm with a Body - Gretel, the second boss, can attack among other things by whacking the player with her brother Hansel's leg. She ate him, and the witch too.
- Haunted Castle - The Infected Castle, home of the fairies and of Sleeping Beauty.
- Little Red Fighting Hood
- Marathon Boss - Level 3-1 consists entirely in a fight against a huge, horrific puppet that is walking on the docks besides the player.
- It then turns into a Puzzle Boss. It stops and begins throwing at the player giant explosive wrecking balls: the player must shoot at them, making them explode while they're swinging back, damaging the puppet in the process.
- Ninja - Momotaro of course.
- Sequential Boss - The Three Little Pigs' tower-shaped tank. May also count as Cores-and-Turrets Boss.
- Shows Damage - Most of the zombies, when shot, lose their arms before exploding and leaving only their legs behind.
- Shout-Out - Possibly to Metal Slug: the choice of weapons is quite similar (machine gun, flamethrower, shotgun and laser beam), and the characters shout their names before using them (sadly, no Rocket Lawnchair for you).
- Spiritual Successor - Zombie Panic In Wonderland for the Wii by Akaoni Studio. In fact, this company is made of some of the people behind LRRHZB, so it counts as a sequel of sorts.
- Sprite/Polygon Mix - Entirely poligonal stages and pixel sprites.
- Sugar Apocalypse - Among the levels there are magical forests, castles, Santa's toy factory...
- The Tokyo Fireball - The last stages have nothing to do with fairy tales, but instead are set in a half-destroyed Tokyo infested with zombie salarymen, robots and weird creatures. You meet Zombzilla at the end.
- True Final Boss - Complete the game on Hard to get the real ending.
- Word Salad Title - Averted, according to Word of God the 'BBQ' part of the title refers to the flamethrower weapon that can burn the zombies to a crisp, "barbequing" them.