Lemmings Revolution is the fourth and final iteration in the Lemmings series, and was released in 2000 as an early 2001 game.
In this game, the Lemmings have been captured by the Weasels, who were amused by archives from previous games in the series, and captured them to see if they can survive the traps they have set for them.
The game has examples of the following tropes::
- Acid Pool: This appears in many levels, glowing a radiant shade of green, but it can be drained or topped up, depending on which direction the lever switch is pulled.
- A Day in the Limelight: Several levels focus on the Water Lemmings and Acid Lemmings.
- Alternate Continuity: This is a completely different continuity to 3D Lemmings or any previous iteration in the franchise.
- Broad Strokes: According to the BackStory given in the opening movie before the game, the events of Lemmings did happen, but not quite the same as presented in the 1991 game. It would seem that, in this iteration, canon is a guideline, not an absolute rule.
- Call-Back: Relating to the original game, and shown in the pre-game Back Story.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The lemmings are color-coded, by ability to walk on surface so that they had powers tailored to the plot. The three separate colors are the following:
- "Classic" Lemmings - green hair, blue body. They can only walk on surfaces, and will die in water or acid.
- Water lemmings - aqua-green hair, white body (resembling a nightshirt). They can Walk on Water, but die on acid.
- Acid Lemmings - red hair, green body. They can walk on acid but will die walking on water.
- Continuity Reboot: For the Lemmings franchise as a whole, and it starts from a clean slate with an entirely new canon, but the Call-Back treats the old games as happening in Broad Strokes.
- Hollywood Acid: The acid pools that the Acid Lemmings can walk across is an example of this, in that it's bright green in color.
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: The lemmings themselves are all visually identical.
- Informed Species: The lemmings look less lemming-like and more Not Quite Human or Ambiguously Human, but the weasels resemble something more like a dingo than a weasel, but due to the 2D of the game, it's hard to tell.
- Lava Pit: It's bright yellow, and bubbles a lot, but individuals drown in it, with a quasi-Disney Death appearing.
- Timed Mission: Some levels give you 5 minutes to save the lemmings in.